Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness education.
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 80 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at www.satellitehealth.com .
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite's I-CARE Standards. Employees must abide by all Satellite's standards of patient care, patient's rights and ethical treatment, and adhere to safety and quality programs .
· Float to the assigned center(s) for the duration of the assignment(s)
· Responsible to conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments of patients in accordance with Satellite Healthcare (SHC) policy; collaborate with interdisciplinary team (IDT) to develop, implement and evaluate plan of care issues for patients including attending Plan of Care meetings, updating Plan of Care Issues and completing monthly plan of care charting; support center reporting responsibilities by preparing quality reports, transplant reports and other reports as requested
· Conduct depression risk screenings and quality of life surveys of patients as scheduled
· Provide brief and supportive counseling interventions to patients and caregivers based on assessment of needs outcomes of screenings and quality of life surveys
· Provide referrals to local and community agencies for additional support; vocational rehabilitation, in home care, hospice, mental health counseling, etc.
· Facilitates admission and orientation to dialysis care for new patients and their families,; addresses patient and family member needs in their adjustment chronic kidney disease
· Develops and facilitates support groups or psychoeducation meetings for patients whenever a need is indicated
· Adherent to all SHC policies & procedures (P&P); follows legal and ethical obligations of the Social Work role and profession
· Provides education for center staff pertaining to psychosocial needs of patients and provides consultation to staff and job related concerns
· Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
· Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
· Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
Minimum Education & Experience:
·Master's degree in Social Work from a graduate school that is accredited by the Council of Social Work Education (CSWE)
·Three (3) years of Medical Social Work experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
·Possess knowledge about ESRD/CKD and its treatments; psychosocial implications for individuals and families, appropriate social work interventions, systems of entitlements, community resources and services
·Basic computer skills; proficient enough to be able to use computer software programs for medical record maintenance
·Able to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email
·Demonstrates willingness to help patients; acknowledges and responds to patient's needs promptly and appropriately
·Contributes to harmonious, positive and productive work atmosphere through actions and attitude. Promotes a teamwork approach by offering information, advice and assistance to all unit staff members in a positive, courteous and cooperative manner
·Ensures the confidentiality of patient and employee information
·Manages conflict in a productive way; working toward resolution for all involved; maintains rapport and working relationships with other staff members, patients and families and community providers
Satellite Healthcare – Improving the Lives of Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)In 1973, Norman S. Coplon, M.D. began Satellite Healthcare with the objective of improving the quality of life of his dialysis patients. Dr. Coplon established Satellite Healthcare as a not-for-profit, community benefit organization, which allows us to focus primarily on patients.Four decades later, Satellite Healthcare has shaped CKD healthcare in our industry, and continues to elevate the standards of patient care and innovation.Today, we provide a range of expert services to patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Satellite strives to individualize each patient's care to help him or her enjoy their life to the fullest.Satellite Dialysis — We operate 40 high-quality, state-of-the-art, patient-friendly dialysis centers that meet the long-term clinical needs of more than 4,000 CKD patients.Satellite WellBound — With more than 20 centers in place, we focus on personalized training and support for patients performing dialysis at home. In addition, WellBound provides a robust complement of pre-dialysis patient wellness education programs that can help prevent or slow the progression of early st...age CKD.At each of our centers, we put our patients first by providing:Compassionate care with a personalized touchWellness education to empower longer, healthier livesBest clinical practices resulting in outcomes that consistently exceed industry performance standards Opportunities for nephrologists to focus on their patients in comfortable, state-of-the-art environmentsIn addition to patient care, our clinical research division works on finding medical breakthroughs for CKD patients by conducting both internal and external research.For more information, contact Info@SatelliteHealth.com.