1. Implements measures to promote a safe environment for patients and others.
2. Respects the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information unless obligated or allowed by law to disclose the information.
3. Assessment of patients -- Utilizes the knowledge, skills, and judgment of the professional nurse in administering direct patient care by appropriately assessing the patient to promote optimal levels of wellness and documents finding according to policy and procedure.
4. Planning of Care -- Plan nursing care based on nursing assessment, diagnosis, medical treatments, and patient's / family's level of understanding and documents according to policy and procedure.
5. Implementation of Plan of Care -- Provides nursing care that promotes the patient's optimal level of wellness and documents care provided according to policy and procedure.
6. Evaluation of Patient of Care -- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately evaluate the patient and the effects of the plan of care and documents according to policy and procedure.
7. Demonstrates leadership abilities and qualities.
* High school graduate or equivalent. * Associates or Bachelors degree in Nursing. * Current licensure as a Registered Nurse. * BCLS Certification. * Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. * Basic computer knowledge.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.