Provides care under the direct supervision of the Manager of Clinical Risk utilizing physician approved patient protocols according to established standards and best practice guidelines. Facilitates the communication between patient/caregiver, physician and the outpatient care team to optimize health and wellness, reduce inpatient admission, reduce re-admissions and improve medical stability in the patient population served. Works collaboratively with the Quality and Population Health team to manage medical stability in patients with high risk disease management with complex comorbid conditions.
Manages a case load of 10,000-15,000 patients with identified gaps in care in collaboration with the Health Care Team.
Works in collaboration with the PCMH Team in the design, implementation and evaluation of the PMH model as applicable
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
· Works proactively to coordinate preventative/follow-up care for all patients receiving care from participating providers.
· Reviews patient medical record to identify care gaps.
· Schedules needed preventative services using evidenced based Physician approved protocols and documents the encounter.
· Fosters a Team approach by working collaboratively with the member, family, PCP and other members of the healthcare team to ensure coordination of services.
· Assists Nurse Navigators' in performing transition of care outreach to discharged patients to schedule return visit with the PCP per guidelines.
· Employs knowledge of evidenced based guidelines to effectively communicate the importance of recommended procedures and testing.
· Facilitates a collaborative approach with care team for identification of and closure of care gaps.
· Utilizes educational and behavioral change strategies to promote patient collaboration with the care team.
Incorporates excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills, positive relationship building skills and problem solving into patient care coordination practice.
Performs duties as required or assigned for specific operational purposes for which they are qualified to perform.
Maintains all professional CEU's in compliance with State and Regulatory requirements.
Maintains confidentiality in all areas at all times.
Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Vocational/technical school graduate
Basic LVN Nursing skills
Knowledge of lab procedures and diagnostic testing
Ability to write clear documentation and ability to write detailed specifications
Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
Basic computer skills
3 years clinical experience with at least 2 years in a primary care clinic preferredLVN/LPN License in the state of TX or where positions is located within the enterprise
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.