As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner role is a critical part of the HR Leadership Team at Nemours. Located in Orlando, FL, the position will lead a team of Business Partners to provide consultative support to clinical and nonclinical business leaders in Florida. The position will have responsibility for coordinating other HR services to ensure delivery of high quality results in a timely and consistent manner. The incumbent must have deep understanding of employment laws and regulations as she/he would be responsible for reviewing and updating people policies, ensuring consistent and legally sound interpretation of policies, managing complex employee relations cases, and providing guidance to management on all workforce related matters.
1. Participates as an active member of the HR Leadership Team in the development of human capital strategies and approaches to delivering high impact solutions to management and Associates.
2. Translates organizational strategies into appropriate HR actions and solutions.
3. Effectively manages a team of business partners and guides staff toward the accomplishment of identified objectives by developing, directing, and empowering them.
4. Coordinates the design of HR processes and delivery of HR products/services to meet tactical and strategic business needs.
5. Partners with the HR Operations team to review HR policies, procedures, and practices on a set schedule to ensure they are up to date and continue to meet business needs.
6. Serves as subject matter expert on employee engagement maintaining an active understanding of current thinking and programs related to employee retention and engagement strategies.
7. Facilitates the process of equipping management with the skills and tools to address most employee relations issues at the team level.
8. Develop and advocate the implementation of initiatives to promote associate retention and engagement.
9. Ensures that employee relations matters are handled in a timely and effective manner.
10. Partners with management to proactively identify and address training and development needs for individual associates and business units.
11. Facilitates, mediates, coaches, guides, counsels, supports, educates, empowers and equips business leaders/Associates to make sound workforce decisions.
12. Collaborates on HR initiatives involving culture change issues.
Minimum of 10 years of HR practice experience five of which must be in a managerial capacity.
Solid knowledge of HR regulations and current practices.
Deep experience managing complex employee relations matters in a non-union environment.
Demonstrated ability to provide sound HR advice and guidance to senior management.
Experience leading a high performing human resources team.
HRCI or SHRM Certification (SPHR or SHRM-SCP)
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.